Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Weekend Update

A couple race updates from this weekend:

On Saturday, Walt and I headed up to Great Glen to race in the Carl Johnson Memorial 5k, a fundraiser for ALS research. Ski team alum Angus Badger '89 was there as well - after some arm-twisting, he convinced Walt's dad Andy (a former Bowdoin ski team coach) to jump into the race as well, so Bowdoin was well-represented. Walt pulled off a stunning upset, narrowly edging me out for the win. It was close, though - I was a mere 1:33 behind him.


The Carl Johnson podium (photo courtesy of Great Glen Trails). The young guy on Walt's right can really ski - let's just say that he was closer to me than I was to Walt... I should also explain my attire: there was a prize for the loudest tights - I didn't have any of those, so I went with this classy shirt instead.

Sunday was the Sugarloaf Marathon, a 30/50k skate. In the 30k, Shem finished 3rd for men, with Grace in 6th for women. Colman finished 12th in the 50k, in a field that was even stronger than the Rangeley race. A good show by our team.

No comments: