Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Rainbow Rollerskiing

Update from Nick:

After a month sea kayak camping around Casco Bay (the stretch of coast between Brunswick and Portland), I'm excited to be back on the Maine-land (hahahaha). While it was a lot of fun and reasonably active, there were limited opportunities for ski specific training. I'm based out of the University of Southern Maine in Gorham for a few weeks here and have had a good time exploring the running trails and rollerskiing roads in the area. The good news is I have a long stretch until late August without any major training obstacles.

I had a hard time getting going on my rollerski today after a long day in the computer lab and a light rain outside. I found some black powder (for those of you who don't know what this means, it's a road with really good fresh pavement) but still wasn't feeling so great and I considered cutting my hour and a half workout off short to go grab some dinner. Then as I was turning around to head in the skies opened up and there was a full rainbow and parts of a double rainbow. It stuck around for the entire ski back so I added a bit onto the end of the loop to get the full time.

Since I don't think I've ever seen a rainbow on skis before I take this to be a good sign for the rest of the summer and season. That's it for now because I still have to go grab dinner, but more updates to come!

No comments: