Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall Meeting Notes

On Monday I went to the EISA Fall Meeting at Middlebury. Mostly just nuts and bolts, but there were two very significant developments:

1. UMaine-Presque Isle was officially accepted as an EISA member - sweet! They've been racing in a few EISA races here and there over the last few years, but now they'll be racing the full schedule and contending for NCAA spots like the rest of us. It's always a good thing when a school adds a ski program or increases its level of support, especially at a time when other programs are being cut or threatened. The fact that we've added a fellow Maine school to the league is even better.

2. AMAZING donuts were served at the meeting. Ignorant people might not consider this noteworthy, but it is - anything pertaining to donuts is noteworthy. Judging by my very limited sample, I think it's possible that I may have to reassess my Top 5 list of donut shops. This is a big deal, people! Apparently these donuts were from a local bagel shop, so I'll have the chance to do further research when we head there for Regionals this winter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got to get some of these donuts!

Grace Hyndman said...

This is VERY big news. I cannot count the number of donut debates I've been so lucky to hear in the past two years. Finally there will be a little more material for those discussions!