Friday, October 22, 2010

Spencer - NZ Run/Hike

New Zealand is well into spring now, and Spencer is back to dryland. Here's his latest:

Still jealous of the fall training camp the rest of the team had, I decided to take advantage of my ridiculously relaxed reading period. From my last day of classes I have two weeks before my first exam. Then I have another two weeks before my next exam. After that I have a mere two days before my last exam. There are a lot of 3-5 day hiking tracks in New Zealand and I figured that one of these would be a pretty awesome place for an OD run. Here are some photos I took along the way.



The run was a blast with nice trails and gentle rolling terrain. All up it was 26 miles over 5 hours. I had a blast and was really happy how I was able to cruise for a long ways, even with a backpack.

No comments: